Friday 6 September 2013

On eBay

This piccolo is marked Carl Fischer. It looks like a typical German eBay piccolo but is advertised as being fully overhauled that's why I thought I'd mention it. The Buy it Now is set at around 150 dollars.


The second is an anonymous piccolo marked made in Germany. I just thought it looked unusual for a German piccolo with the English band flute like bulge. The starting price on this is a high 500 dollars. It has the name of a confederate Civil War veteran hand engraved on the bands. I saw many a flute for sale in antique shops and flea markets. Sellers were always trying to attach some Civil War provenance to them.


Ok the last is not a piccolo but a band flute, flageolet combination instrument marked Improved London B. it sold a few weeks ago for about 50 pounds. I meant to bid and forgot.


No comments:

Post a Comment