Friday 5 September 2014

Chris Norman, piccolo maker

Anyone reading this will in no doubt be familiar with the name  Chris Norman
There is a nice article about the man himself here.



I had contacted Chris about a new head for my Monzani but have since decided to stick with the current head.
He sent me a price list and on it is a piccolo after Graves , a relatively unknown to me American maker who I think worked in New Hampshire.

I have not seen many piccolos from makers of the Firth Hall/ type flutes but have seen later German style piccolos such as those by Cloos.

I can't see Chris' work being anything but very fine.


From the price list:

A one-keyed piccolo after the American maker Graves circa 1830
……………………………………………………………………………..$1,700

Here is a photo of a Graves original from the Shoreys:




No comments:

Post a Comment