Sunday 19 October 2014

Rudall Carte for sale on eBay

Beautiful late reddish cocus Rudall Carte piccolo on eBay.
Rather optimistically priced but really nice shape and presumably  original case.



Description :


Beautifully restored Rudall Carte & Co. Cuban cocuswood piccolo, serial number 8513. Six key. According to Mr. Robert Bigio, it was made in 1932 byBraithwaite. The stamp on the wood says:
     Rudall
Carte & Co. Ltd.
23 Berners Street
  Oxford Street
     London
      8513
In like new restored condition. Even the case looks brand new (see pictures). Very little wear and obviously, used very little. A great piece to add to your collection.  Good luck in your bidding!




4 comments:

  1. If you haven't sold the Rudall...I may be interested. Not for collection..but to play (yes, I am one of those odd ducks who plays Irish and Old Time Piccolo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anthony,
      I was just reporting on this one. I'm not the seller. Don't know if it ever sold? Send me a message at my email. I may know of another for sale similar. I can also help you locate a good piccolo, cheers.
      Pat

      Delete
  2. Hey Pat,
    Didn't I buy a London Improved from you with a crack in tuning slide (which Jon Cornia expertly repaired for me)? I've been going back and forth with seller...I think it is overpriced at $900....what do you have to offer? Anthony nyc2sf2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way Pat, I don't have your email address...Anthony

    ReplyDelete